Adhesive labels are referred to as small sticky label shapes designed on a long roll of plastic paper or beeswax paper affixed at any surface. In this article, the readers and viewers will get to know about the production or manufacturing process of self-adhesives. This adhesive label implies that the sticker will get stuck without wetting or oozing out the glue previously applied to the surface. The first adhesive labels were the postage stamps distributed in post offices which were invented in Great Britain in 1840. The invention of custom-made or privately owned adhesive labels in America was in 1935. And soon after 1970, these self-adhesive labels became popular as bumper stickers, car decor, food, and beverage packaging labels.
Label adhesives are classified into three types. They are-
- Permanent- under this category permanent adhesive is used. This type of adhesive label is most commonly used and is budget-friendly. They are used on containers of beauty brands or beverages or food packaging.
- Removable- under this category removable adhesive is used which can be transferred from one piece to another only very few times and after that, the adhesive might get damaged or get stuck with the product very firmly. Private Label Adhesives are used in price tags, store coupons, marking products in stores, etc.
- Repositionable- under this category the adhesives are designed in such styles that they can be removed easily from one place to another to reapply or reposition for only a short period. For example, wet tissues packet, sticky notes, etc.
- Temperature-specific adhesive- under this category of label adhesive, the glue used properties changes due to change in temperature condition on humid days bubbles on the adhesive label will be seen, during summer this adhesive label will be easily removed, and during winter the glue label becomes firm and stiff.
Adhesives primarily used in labels-
- Acrylic adhesives- are used for superior-quality labels that can withstand UV Rays and chemical solvents.
- Rubber-based adhesives- This adhesive is used for everyday purposes and is much more pocket friendly.
To conclude, the above-mentioned article explains the uses of adhesive labels.